Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll my child in the neighborhood school?

Families new to CVESD must show their child's birth certificate, immunization record, and parent/guardian proof of residence to their neighborhood school in order to enroll. The enrollment process takes place continuously throughout the school year. For more information, call your neighborhood school. If you do not know your child's neighborhood school, please click below:

Street Directory for 2020-2021 school year

How do kindergarten students enroll for the 2021-2022 school year?

Neighborhood schools will enroll kindergarten students who have attained the age of five years by September 1, 2021. Click here to use our Online Enrollment for the current 2021-22 school year.

For Kindergarten, Transitional Kinder, and NEW enrolling students for the 2021-22 school year
there will be a NEW online enrollment system available on March 3, 2021.
Please check back for more information and the 2021-22 registration link.

How do I enroll my grandchild who lives with me, not with the parents?

Contact the Student Placement Office at (619) 425-9600, ext 1570.

How do I apply for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

School district residents may apply to attend a school other than their neighborhood school. New applications for Zone Transfers may be filed beginning March 3 - March 26, 2021. Students may be accepted based on prioritized criteria and available space. Incoming (new and renewal) interdistrict permits will be accepted for processing beginning April 5, 2021.

Due to continued growth in Chula Vista, NO new transfer will be approved for the following schools, effective immediately:

Arroyo Vista


Olympic View
Salt Creek
Wolf Canyon

Who provides transportation for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

Unless a child meets Program Improvement criteria, parents must provide transportation in order for students to attend a school other than their neighborhood school.

How do I enroll the brother or sister of a child already transferring to a school other than the neighborhood school?

Siblings are not automatically enrolled in a school of choice. Siblings must be enrolled at their neighborhood school prior to requesting a transfer. Applications for transfer must include information for each applicant. 

Is licensed childcare available?

Before and/or after school childcare is often available to parents of students enrolled in school. Care is offered through the South Bay Family YMCA. Click here for more information. 



(619) 425-9600, ext 1570

Corina Mitchell - Student Placement Manager
Open - Student Placement Lead
Elizabeth Castro - Student Attendance / Welfare Specialist / Home Visitor 
Luis Estrada - Student Placement Technician
Kerry Smith - Student Placement Technician

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.